Senior Database Engineer
at Cinteot Inc.
Cinteot is looking for a qualified Database Engineer to join our team in McLean Virginia. The selected candidate will become part of the Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA).
As part of the modernization program, the senior database engineer will be responsible for the design, development, installation, and maintenance of database management systems to include data definition, data modeling, design and implementation, security, and monitoring.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain backup/restore solutions to support production and non-production
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed database
solutions meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Integrate database solutions with the software applications and/or platforms
- Monitor production and non-production database solutions for performance and troubleshoot
issues as required
- Support software testing activities, including IV&V, and provide timely software defect
- Author clear documentation for database solutions, including data dictionaries, data catalogs,
and design artifacts
- Support CI/CD initiatives and utilize static code analyzers to ensure high quality source code
- Develop automated tests that can be incorporated into CI/CD pipeline
- Develop and maintain secure database solutions that are compliant with DISA STIG and
NIST specifications (security controls)
- Monitor and tune database solutions for optimal performance
- Develop and maintain database scripts supporting ETL processes and functions
- Develop and maintain database solutions for data ingestion (batch and streaming)
- Develop and maintain database solutions for managing structured and unstructured data
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical designs for database solutions
- Define system and technical requirements, including both functional and non-functional, to support database management system development within the SAFe Agile methodology
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and
- Active Secret security clearance
- Bachelors Degree and 10 Years' Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with developing database solutions involving storage of structured and
unstructured data, data ingestion via batch and streaming, and ETL processes
- Experience with developing relational database management systems (RDBMS) using Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, or Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience designing database solutions using conceptual, logical, and physical diagrams
- Experience supporting database engineering activities for software projects specializing in
development of enterprise web applications within a SAFe Agile environment
This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
Must possess an active Secret security clearance in order to qualify.
- Experience developing database solutions in an incremental manner using the SAFe Agile methodology
- Experience developing database solutions in a secure environment that are required to meet
DISA STIG and NIST specifications (security controls)
- Experience developing database solutions for high volume, highly available, and secure software systems
- Experience in cloud based environments including the development of database solutions
that are based on a hybrid-cloud architecture
- Experience in enterprise software system modernization efforts
- Complete insurance coverage – Blue Cross Medical, Delta Dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Generous paid time off
Cinteot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.