Technical Sales Representative - Mechanical Surface Characterization
at The Recruiting Group, Inc.
Our client is a world leader in laboratory instrumentation and services and has an opportunity for a Technical Sales Representative (TSR) for its industry leading analytical instrumentation used in R&D laboratories.
The Technical Sales Representative will be responsible for direct sales of mechanical surface characterization instrumentation and services to customers covering TX, LA, AR and OK with an ideal base in Houston or Dallas. The product lines include atomic force microscopes, tribology, scratch testing, and micro/nano-indentation instrumentation.
- The successful candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills and must be capable of communicating equally well with PhD level scientists and QC technicians
- A technical background in testing, mechanical engineering or material science is required along with the ability to train customers on complex instrumentation
- The ability to work independently and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction are essential for success
- Frequent overnight travel is required
- The preferred candidate will possess a B.S. degree in Materials Science, Engineering, Physics, or similar technical field and at least 2 years' experience in technical sales of analytical instrumentation
- Prior sales experience in mechanical characterization is a plus
The client offers a highly competitive compensation package (salary, uncapped commission= $95K - $135K), car allowance/mileage and an outstanding low-cost benefits package for the full family that starts on day one.