Downstream Business Development Manager
Los Angeles, CA
at Vogrinc & Short
We are seeking a motivated Business Development Manager with a proven track record in aftermarket sales in the downstream refinery market! This is a highly visible position with a Fortune 500 leader, and this role will have full responsibility in developing new business by engaging the customer, charting channels to reach the end user, and converting customer to our clients products and solutions.
- Responsible for new business development, market expansion and penetration, revenue generation and growth, and profitability.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and stake holders.
- Engage refinery accounts for product and solution selling.
- Develop business through direct client contact, sales reps, and distributors
- Responsible for seeking new business opportunities, providing market intelligence, guidance in forecasting, and market planning.
- Utilize product expertise and application knowledge to successfully conduct effective consultative selling presentations. Monitor product performance, market needs and trends, and industry development.
- Focus on applications in the oil refinery market, where the company can solve a problem or improve a customer’s process.
- Generate improvement ideas and implement customer oriented solutions. Assist in detecting and reducing “non-quality” costs.
Keys to this opportunity:
- B.S. Degree (Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Experience selling aftermarket products into gas processing, petroleum refining, chemical or petrochemical plants. (preferred)
- Experience in the downstream market segment in North America (preferred)
- Ability to analyze the business and competitive environment, identify key objectives, develop action plans, and accurately measure operating results.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Must have strong written and spoken communication skills.