Torch Communications is a specialized public relations agency serving advanced technology and healthcare companies. Our clients are diverse, including cutting edge startups, growth stage organizations, and long standing industry leaders. But they all share one common element: the drive to make the world a better place through true scientific and technological innovation.
Our team has deep experience at some of the world’s top public relations agencies, bringing that expertise to a more flexible, client-friendly, “high touch” boutique service model. Founders are directly involved with client management, helping all levels of the team rapidly advance their skills. And our entire team - from interns to the executive suite - weighs in on new client areas to explore, and new capabilities to enhance our service.
Client mix: primarily biotech, healthcare, health IT, venture capital
Each day will be different, but as a Senior Account Executive at Torch, you will:
- Be directly responsible for maintaining client accounts and successfully executing on critical projects – in a collaborative environment where dissenting viewpoints are welcome and nothing’s done that way “just because it’s always been.”
- Research, write, and edit a wide range of communications materials, including: customized outreach lists, intelligence briefings, press releases and press kit materials, and individualized media pitches.
- Maintain workflows and execute on key projects, such as media pitching, event planning, and messaging development.
- Assist with communications strategy and development of creative programs to help our clients reach their primary audiences.
- Identify and cultivate new fields to explore and new capabilities to enhance our service.
- Develop personal expertise in areas of science and technology relevant to our clients, and spread that fluency within the PR team.
- Assist junior staff with their professional development.
If you like what we’re saying, here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in a role that requires significant writing, persuasive communications, strategy development, and management of complex projects – PR agency experience is highly preferred.
- Exceptional communications skills
- Flexibility to wear multiple hats and manage projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts from a mainstream perspective, with strong critical thinking skills that enable those concepts to be discussed in creative, fresh ways
- Knowledge of digital services and proficiency in social media platforms
- A sense of adventure as we look to grow and expand our reach
Brownie points for:
- Passion or exposure to startup culture and innovation in Boston and beyond
- Experience implementing social media campaigns, including experience with analytics
- Knowledge of graphic design, integrated communications, and/or brand marketing
Torch participates in the Federal E-Verify program to confirm employment eligibility. We are an Equal-Opportunity Employer with offices in Boston, New York and San Francisco.
Chaloner has partnered with Torch Communications on their search for a Senior Account Executive. Interested candidates should apply by using the application form. Chaloner will review all applicants and, upon qualification, contact you to determine next steps.