at KLA Industries
Senior Med Device Extrusion Engineer
Company: Founded in 1994, ISO Certified with 5 U.S locations, my client a is a trusted OEM contract manufacturer for the industry’s leading medical device companies. Their proprietary biomaterials are utilized by manufacturers around the world for their superior performance and quality.
They specialize in the design, development, and production of finished medical devices used in diagnostic and interventional procedures, and provides complete development and manufacturing solutions for customers in the cardiovascular, structural heart, cardiac rhythm management, and other markets.
We appreciate our employees by providing:
- 401K with company match
- Full benefits Health Insurance
- On Site Gym
- Relocation assistance
- Very Low turn-over & stable work environment
Your unique role with the company: Day to day you will be responsible for all aspects of a polymer extrusion lines used to create tubing for production and R&D. You will implement product design and process development activities for extruded products with compliance to all quality and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and internal cross-functional team members to develop specifications, coordinate prototype fabrications of customer designed parts, and transition prototypes into manufactured components.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the polymer extrusion line, and provide technical expertise to improve process efficiency and product quality
- Support new equipment/process implementation and work with production personnel and R&D to ensure extruded tubing meets requirements and make adjustments as required
- Work with outside vendors to develop tooling and fixtures that result in producing high quality product.
- Write and execute process and equipment validations (IQ/OQ/PQ).
What the company is looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree with3 plus years of extrusion Med Device industry experience
- Preferred experience with Minitab
- Understanding of cause-effect relations between process inputs and product specifications.
- Understanding of the effect of a process on downstream steps or customer needs.
- Ability to design experiments and evaluate data using polymer, fiber, and textile characterization techniques (tensile, burst, tear, porosity, DSC, GPC, viscosity, MFI, melt rheology etc.).