at Howe & Associates
We are a full service provider that specializes in the treatment of autism and other developmental disabilities. Our broad thinking approach addresses the whole child by collaborating with doctors, therapists, schools and specialists. ALP’s goal is to work with their patients to achieve the best possible outcome… PROGRESS!
We began offering services to children with autism and other developmental disabilities, and their families in 1988. The Company was an early proponent of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and quickly adopted this clinical methodology as the cornerstone of its services to children and families. We now offer treatment services in eighteen states and are rapidly growing.
We are committed to partnering evidence based best practices in clinical care with those in business delivery and to driving a culture of accountability through the use of real time metrics and management reporting.
We are comprised of a passionate team of clinicians, therapists, care managers, specialists, managers, business people and insurance gurus and problem solvers that are dedicated to helping families and individuals with autism and other disabilities progress and have the best life possible.
Our backgrounds are diverse, but a common mission unites us. We are also fortunate to have a group of advisors and partners who are contributing their wisdom, capabilities and networks to help us maximize our positive impact on the families we serve.
This is a role in the Corporate Headquarters in Pasadena, where we serve our teams across the nation.
The IT Leader’s role is to plan, coordinate, architect, and supervise all activities related to the delivery of applications, data, reporting, the integration and deployment of software programs, applications, and third-party solutions as required to meet the business requirements of the organization. This individual is also responsible for developing and maintaining an application integration and data architecture blueprint for the organization. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of data architecture and application integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. Ideal experience will include knowledge of healthcare applications, ERP software, Business Intelligence, and HRIS systems.
In this expanding and hands on company environment, no task will be too big or too small for every employee. You’ll be expected to lead the way culturally as an example to others inside and outside the organization.
Strategy & Planning
· Develop and maintain a data and integration architecture blueprint for the organization.
· Orchestrate integration & deployment projects for multiple new office and acquisitions with limited disruption.
· Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the enterprise.
· Ensure that integration projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
· Ensure that integration planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic vision.
· Develop standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives for all future acquisitions.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Lead integration testing phase of software and applications in order to identify and remedy potential problem areas.
· Liaise with software developers and engineers to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
· Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of newly-integrated software programs and applications.
· Build relationships with software development and engineering teams to gain an understanding of application architectures and required functionality.
· Build relationships with vendors of application software deployed in the organization’s IT environment to learn about and provide feedback on their technical integration capabilities.
· Oversee the entire IT team and provide vision, leadership, prioritization, and management.
· Ensure the collection and coherent interpretation of the various business processes affected by integration efforts.
· Work diligently to enhance or improve business & healthcare practice processes via integration or, as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
· Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings.
· Where necessary, provide leadership and guidance to junior members of the team.
Formal Education & Certification
· Four-year college diploma or university degree in computer science or computer engineering, and/or 8 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
· 4 years direct experience in enterprise-level application and data integration.
· Strong understanding of end-user needs and requirements.
· Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Proven experience in developing enterprise and solution level architectural designs.
· Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional applications between disparate business units and systems.
· Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
· Experience with similar core software applications, including healthcare practice management, ERP and HRIS
· Strong background in risk management methodologies as they relate to integration/software engineering.
· Knowledge of relational database design and management techniques.
· Good project management skills with project-based work structures, project lifecycle models, etc.
· Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
· Competency with XML constructs and schemas.
· Competency with SQL and Business intelligence platforms.
· Confidence and experience with API protocols and schemas such as SOAP and REST.
· Knowledge of network protocols and standards
· Functional knowledge of HIPAA and HITECH security requirements
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of collaboration tools (Slack, GSuite, Samepage), or demonstrated ability to adopt new technologies
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
· Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Outstanding writing and documentation skills.
· Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
· Able to conduct research into application integration issues and products.
· Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
· Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Occasional travel (<10%)
· Conversions and deployments likely to take place out of customer hours (e.g. evenings and weekends).
· Work from home and other flexible work hours fluid with business demands