Software Engineer (Position 2)
at Cinteot Inc.
Cinteot is seeking a qualified Software Engineer to join our team in McLean, Virginia. The selected candidate will become part of the Department of State (DOS) Consular Systems Modernization (CSM) Program, for the Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA). This initiative is intended to modernize and consolidate the operational environment under a common technology framework in order to better support the services provided to CA's customers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide production and operational support, as needed, to ensure deployed software meets functional and non-functional requirements
- Support software testing activities, including IV&V, and provide timely software defect resolutions
- Develop automated unit and integration tests that can be incorporated into CI/CD pipeline
- Support CI/CD initiatives and utilize static code analyzers to ensure high quality source code
- Develop database solutions for managing structured and unstructured data
- Develop service-based solutions (REST-based web services) using microservices architecture
- Develop single page applications using a client-side rendering framework
- Implement enterprise web-based applications (Java technology stack) within a SAFE Agile environment
- Define the software design using a model-based engineering strategy (SysML/UML)
- Develop prototypes to support product and/or technology evaluations
- Design software using industry standard design patterns and best practices to improve maintainability, flexibility, performance, security, and availability
- Define software requirements, both functional and non-functional, as high level epics, features and user stories to support SAFe Agile methodology
- Work with the system engineering team to understand customer business needs and priorities
- Must possess active Secret security clearance in order to qualify
- Bachelor's degree in STEM and at least 5 years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Experience developing 508 compliant solutions
- Experience in software development and maintenance projects with involvement in requirements management, technical design/development, and deployment steps within SDLC
- Experience with static code analyzers (CAST, HP Fortify, SonarQube, etc.)
- Experience supporting software development activities for software projects specializing in development of enterprise web applications
- Experience with full-stack development using the Java technology stack to implement enterprise web-based applications within a SAFE Agile environment
This position requires the selected candidate to be a US Citizen.
Must possess an active Secret security clearance in order to qualify.
- Experience developing and deploying software systems in an incremental manner using the SAFe Agile methodology
- Experience developing structured transactional database solutions using an RDBMS database (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience developing high volume, highly available, and secure software systems
- Experience developing service-based solutions using the Java technology stack, building REST-based services (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, etc.), and deploying in a container-based microservices architecture (Docker, Spring Boot, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience developing single page applications using a client-side rendering framework (Angular, React, etc.) and responsive CSS framework (Bootstrap, Material Design, etc.)
- Experience in enterprise software system modernization efforts
- Experience in cloud based environments including the development of software that supports architectures that involve public/hybrid clouds
- Complete insurance coverage – Blue Cross Medical, Delta Dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Generous paid time off
Cinteot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.